The Educational Flexibility (Ed-Flex) program is authorized under the Education Flexibility Partnership Act of 1999 and was reauthorized by section 9207 of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The Ed-Flex program allows the Secretary to authorize a State educational agency that serves an eligible State to waive statutory or regulatory requirements applicable to one or more of the included programs for any local educational agency (LEA), educational service agency, or school within the State.
The U.S. Department of Education granted this authority to the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) on May 18, 2020. This authority will remain in place through the 2023-2024 school year.
Programs Covered by Ed-Flex
This program permits Ed-Flex States to waive requirements of the following State-administered formula grant programs:
- Title I, Part A: Improving Basic Programs Operated by LEAs (other than section 1111)
- Title I, Part C: Education of Migratory Children
- Title I, Part D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth who are
- Neglected, Delinquent, or At-risk
- Title II, Part A: Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment
To review Brooks County Schools' application click here: Ed Flex Waiver
To make comments about the waiver, please click on this link: Tonja Healey to send an email.