We had a team of 9 students attend this year's Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. Please congratulate them all. They tried hard and are looking forward to next year's competition. See pictures below.
The books chosen for this year's competition are:
The following list is for elementary schools.
- Anderson, John David. (2018) Granted. New York: NY: Walden Pond Press.
- Applegate, Katherine. (2017) Wishtree (Illus. Charles Santoso). New York, NY: Feiwel and Friends.
- Bundy, Tamara. (2017). Walking with Miss Millie. New York, NY: Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Connor, Leslie. (2018). The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle. New York, NY: Katherine Tegen Books.
- Glaser, Karina Yan. (2017). The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street. New York, NY: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Johnson, Varian. (2018). The Parker Inheritance. New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books.
- Kelly, Erin Entrada. (2018). You Go First. New York, NY: Greenwillow Books.
- Saeed, Aisha. (2018). Amal Unbound. New York, NY: Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Williams-Garcia, Rita. (2017). Clayton Byrd Goes Underground. New York, NY: Amistad.
- Yang, Kelly. (2018). Front Desk. New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books.
Support our readers, and wish them luck.
For more information go to Helen Ruffin