We are thrilled to announce that this year we have 14 students reading and practicing. They are using Kindles and have to read at least 2 of the books to become expert, however, they can choose to read all the books available.
The books chosen for this year's competition are:
The following list is for elementary schools.
- Anderson, John David. (2018) Granted. New York: NY: Walden Pond Press.
- Applegate, Katherine. (2017) Wishtree (Illus. Charles Santoso). New York, NY: Feiwel and Friends.
- Bundy, Tamara. (2017). Walking with Miss Millie. New York, NY: Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Connor, Leslie. (2018). The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle. New York, NY: Katherine Tegen Books.
- Glaser, Karina Yan. (2017). The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street. New York, NY: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Johnson, Varian. (2018). The Parker Inheritance. New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books.
- Kelly, Erin Entrada. (2018). You Go First. New York, NY: Greenwillow Books.
- Saeed, Aisha. (2018). Amal Unbound. New York, NY: Nancy Paulsen Books.
- Williams-Garcia, Rita. (2017). Clayton Byrd Goes Underground. New York, NY: Amistad.
- Yang, Kelly. (2018). Front Desk. New York, NY: Arthur A. Levine Books.
Support our readers, and wish them luck.
For more information go to Helen Ruffin